To read this article and have full access to the website, subscribe now
Already subscribed? Sign in
Join my Half Yard Sewing Club
- Download a brand new project each month, with full instructions, patterns and an informative video
- Let me answer your questions in my online feedback sessions
- Join me in my online studio and learn my sewing secrets
- Choose from lots of free projects and special offers
- Membership costs just £5.99/US$9.95 a month, or get a whole year's membership for just £60/US$99 - that's two whole months for free!
The French seam isn’t generally used on thicker fabric because of the bulk of the seam, and you should avoid using it for curved seams such as armholes and necklines of dresses.